Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Starting Out

Recently, "firsts" have become a way of life for me. This is my first blog! In a day I travel to a foreign country for the first  time! For the first  time ever I'll be across an ocean from all the people I love. I am feeling so excited and blessed... and nervous.

First:  I've realized ((again)) that packing is AWFUL. What's a better way to make an anxious traveler even MORE panicked?! Answer:  Have them pack 2 months of clothes, etc. in one bag. Nightmare. I think it wouldn't be so hard except for the fact that the weather over there is wacky. Example:  Last night I checked the weather in Dublin-- 100% humidity and 45 degrees around 10 pm. Super duper.

During the packing insanity/almost breakdown:

I know my mother will say, "Brookie don't show your room so messy!" However... it's fine. Just take this in.







After the packing party:
Thank you world for vacuum bags.
My girlfriends have been so sweet and patient with me in running frantically around trying to get everything ready!! I never knew how many little things there were to think about. Christian has been keeping me calm as well while listening to me vent about all my worries!! It's starting to get a little more real... 

Even though I'm nervous and I'll miss seeing people like crazy, God has given me such a great gift in this trip to Europe. T - 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment